Part-Time: 16hrs per week (2 days - Must be available Wednesday + one flexible day. Mon-Fri)
Location: Greenpoint, Brooklyn
Must be based in NYC.
Each position within Andy Blank is integral to the customer experience, and Andy Blank’s success. The position of a framer is responsible for ensuring that each framed or rolled artwork is handled with care, and is consistent with the standard set by both Andy Blank & the Head of Framing. Framers must be able to work effectively, autonomously, and demonstrate dynamic teamwork in order to motivate and inspire others to fulfill the company’s vision as well as our performance objectives. In collaboration with the Head of Framing, it is expected that Framer’s take full responsibility and accountability for their assigned tasks, work station, and quality of final framed works. It is expected that all team members support each other if needed, in order to reach goals set and maximize productivity, all whilst reinforcing the ONE TEAM core value. Attention to detail is especially important in this role, as such we ask that all applicants include the word 'Spacer' in the subject line of your email. Any applications that do not include this will be not be considered for the role.
Specific Duties/Responsibilities: All duties and responsibilities are included below, but are not limited to these duties. You may be required to assist in other areas and departments when needed.
- Frame artworks with attention and care and deliver to packers for shipping.
- Ensure all workspaces are clean and organized for optimal output and quality.
- Roll unframed prints ensuring they are kept in framing condition for transit.
- Preparing artworks for sale by cutting, stamping, and storing prints while ensuring the integrity of each work is maintained.
- Have a general understanding of the Packer role, and how to package both framed and rolled prints. The materials required to fulfill a complete order.
- Independently complete a myriad of side tasks to ensure a smooth framing process ie. matting prints, assembling backing boards, spray-painting frames, sealing poly-tubes etc...
- Reports any issues with supplies or equipment to the Head of Framing within a timely manner, to ensure that a resolution is met swiftly.
- Full and complete knowledge of Andy Blank’s core values, vision statement, safety guidelines, and employee handbook.
- Take out trash & recycling weekly in accordance with the rotating schedule between departments.
- Participate in quarterly inventory
- Have product knowledge of all artworks including if items are in stock, sold out, or limited edition.
- Must arrive on time per schedule in appropriate attire for the workplace detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Constantly seek ways to improve workflow in your role, and learn new tasks outside of your role.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lb